Monday, May 11, 2020

Honeysuckle

I had a terrific weekend.  It started Thursday evening with a trip to Jamestown Elementary School, where I let the kids loose on the soccer fields.  Although it hurt to find out how out of shape we are, it was really fun running around on the open fields.  We played two-on-two soccer, with Autumn and Noah taking on Samuel and I.  We played four four-minute quarters, with five-minute breaks in between.  Once we wrapped up our game, Samuel went to the back of the field to get some honeysuckle flowers.  I went with him but I had forgotten how to get that drop of nectar from the honeysuckle blossom. I tried tearing a couple of flowers apart before asking Samuel for help.  He showed me how and we consumed the honeysuckle nectar from several blooms.  Then Samuel took a handful of flowers back across the field to Autumn and Noah.  Then he went back and got another handful of flowers to bring home to his mother.  I was glad to have been able to enjoy the simple wonder of honeysuckle nectar with my simply wonderful son.

No comments: