Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Big News

Biggest news stories to come from the Brooks family this year:


  • Noah is born (2/12/07)
  • Noah has heart transplant (4/6/07)
  • Noah comes home (6/6/07)
  • Autumn poops on the potty (7/24/07)

That's right, last night Autumn pooped on the pot. Before going for our evening walk, I went upstairs to get my shoes. Autumn called out as I came down that she did it, she peed and pooped. I thought nothing of it as I went in to ensure that she cleaned herself up in a timely manner. She has told me that she pooped in the pot before, but all previous investigations for signs of any poop in the pot have come up fruitless. Well, last night there was no missing it. I became very excited, calling Maria in to see for herself what our big girl had done. We told Autumn that, like her cousin Ellen, she would get a special doughnut when she accomplished this feat. We still went for a quick evening walk which gave us time to call the whole family and let Autumn tell them what she had done and what her prize was going to be for doing it. Immediately after the walk, Maria took Autumn to Harris Teeter and allowed Autumn to pick her special doughnut. Maria reported to me that Autumn told nearly everyone they passed on their trip that Autumn was getting "a special doughnut for a special Autumn" because she pooped on the pot. Below is a picture of special Autumn eating her special doughnut.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

That's too cute!!! Boy, am I glad those days are over and behind me!!!!!!!!

Go Autumn!!!!