Monday, March 23, 2020

Slow Weekend


It’s a good thing that no one was in a hurry to do anything this weekend because I was seemingly worthless.  With literally nowhere to go all weekend, I wasn’t even been able to find the energy to fold the laundry for the week.  Laundry is a task I’d normally have to squeeze in at the last-minute Sunday evening because we’ve had so much to do during the weekend.  I’ve often fantasized about having extra time, or sometimes, just to have enough time.  Now, I’ve got nothing but time for the foreseeable future and I already miss the hustle and bustle.  I feel lost without it.  I’m looking hard for the silver lining in this pandemic.  I thought at least I’d enjoy the extra time.

I want to use the extra time to grow in my faith.  I’ve spent a lot of time reading and praying.  Last weekend, I believe I got a message from God letting me know that He’s here.  Since then, I’ve been trying hard to get another message from God.  Maybe too hard.  In a time of instant gratification, I want another message from God.  I want the message that everything is going to be OK.  What I have learned is that Jesus dealt with anxiety just like me.  In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus prayed to the Father three times requesting that He take Jesus’s burden.  Sorry my message is not very uplifting, but God knows my trouble.  He knows it and He’s conquered it.

Lord Jesus, I pray that you show me how to accept the peace that you give.

Tim

No comments: