Thursday, April 12, 2007

April 12, 2007 Noah Update

Noah's doing OK today. He's going through withdrawals again and it sounds like he had a bit of a rough night last night. They tried to remove his oxygen tube from nose, but they had to put it back. They also had to put him back on another medicine that they had already backed him off of. His nurse said that she thinks they just got too greedy and tried to do too much with him at once. She said they would be giving him a little time to toughen up and get through the withdrawals before they started messing with him again.

The donor family has been on my mind a lot today. I’ve been trying to think about what I will write in my letter to them. I want my letter to those who’ve selflessly chosen to donate life to be perfect. Hopefully, they will want to reply to us. If you’re wondering how we might get to know the donor family, here is how it works: 1. We send a letter through the organ sharing network if we choose to; 2. The donor family replies to us through the organ sharing network if they choose to, releasing whatever information they want us to have. We may not be able to send the letter for a couple more weeks, though. I don’t know why, but I’m sure there’s a good reason we have to wait.

No comments: