Monday, May 7, 2007

A good weekend


The Brooks family had a great weekend. The picture above was taken at the Volunteer Appreciation Cook Out at the Ronald McDonald House. Noah made excellent progress over the weekend and it seemed that we got nothing but good news. The rejection results came back from the cath lab. Again, Noah has grade zero rejection, which is great. He is still on the ventilator, which I know he dislikes, but it will hopefully be coming out today. His nurse yesterday suggested that I hold him to try to calm him down when he was particularly fussy rather than giving him drugs. I agreed, so she and a respiratory therapist got him into my arms and Noah quieted almost immediately. I spent over an hour sitting in a recliner with my sleeping son in one hand and a remote in the other flipping between hockey and baseball on a Sunday afternoon! Could life get any better...

No comments: