Friday, May 25, 2007

Moving on, again.

Early reports today indicated that one of Noah's doctors ordered that he stay in the PICU to be monitored for a little while longer. When I heard this, I had mixed emotions. There’s a familiar schedule we follow while Noah’s in the good hands of the PICU nurses. We’re more comfortable and we can stay at the Ronald McDonald House while we’re in the PICU, but on the other hand, we want to get home. Maria then assured me that we could eventually go straight home from the PICU which made my worries dissipate.

Then, a few moments ago, Maria called and gave me the news in a flat, dull tone that Noah was going to be moved to step-down today. She was obviously slightly bothered by this decision, and I selfishly hoped that it wouldn’t ruin my weekend plans. But now I’m seeing it as a clear sign that we are on the road home. Noah has been blessed with good health for the last couple of weeks now, and I think that his feeding is one of the issues keeping him from leaving the hospital. I believe that the therapists will be able to work more aggressively with him on his feeding when he is in step-down.

Have a good Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: