Thursday, May 3, 2007

Miracle Baby

I like to think of Noah as a miracle baby. I’m always wanting to talk to people about my miracle baby and wanting to share his story. When times get rough and tough for Noah, though, I’m reminded that we are all miracle babies. It’s usually the smallest abnormality that causes a chain reaction of events that sets us back as is what happened earlier this week.

I came to realize that we are all miracle babies while studying biochemistry and human physiology in college. There are just so many pieces to a living puzzle and they all have to interact with each other almost perfectly. The pieces can be as small as singles atoms and as large as the skin that almost covers our entire body and most of the pieces are critical to the whole puzzle.

As the doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other medical professionals explained to us what was going on in Noah’s little body yesterday, my mind struggled to connect all the pieces. I wanted to understand all of it, but it was too much. Each person that explained their thoughts about what may have gone wrong added more pieces to the puzzle. Although each person did a great job of explaining things, I still got confused. The one thing I was sure of when we left the hospital is that it’s a miracle that any of us are alive. Thank the Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think we are all miracles too but there are some babies that have to fight more than others to survive.And we know in Noah and Alexa's case that's exactly what they had to do! I look at Alexa now and think how much stronger she is than me to be so young b/c of everything she had to go through and how much she had to deal with for only being 2 lbs. I'm sure you look at Noah and think what a little fighter he is.God is the one that gives them the strength they need and is there helping them every step of the way and not leaving their side for one second.He created Noah and he is going to take care of him!! Keep your head up!!