Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May 16, 2007 Brooks Family Update

Noah is having a good day, though his skin is slightly modeled and he’s been breathing a little fast. For those reasons, I think they are going to keep him in the PICU for a little while longer for observation. That suits Maria fine, as she has told everyone at the hospital that she wants Noah to be healthy before he is moved to step-down. You can’t blame her for being nervous about Noah leaving the PICU after what happened when he was moved out before. The only reservations I have about keeping Noah in the PICU is that it seems that the therapists are more aggressive in step-down and Noah needs to learn how to eat before he can go home. Then again, I’m not there everyday and Maria tells me that the therapists are working with him in the PICU. She said, though, that no orders have been written to try oral feedings yet.

While Noah is still in the PICU, Autumn and I have been enjoying having Maria home for probably that last time for a couple weeks. We all did some shopping last night and Maria is picking Autumn up early today to take her to get some new shoes. Autumn plays so hard that her little sandals are falling apart. Maria picked up lunch for her and I and we ate at the Arboretum. It was beautiful and I don’t think we’ve been back there since the visit we made on the day we got engaged.

No comments: